Last Updated on November 11, 2023 by Laura Teso
Asparagus with Eggs is very simple and fast recipe. In Veneto it is very common and appreciated during Spring (period in which asparagus grow). It can be served as a starter but it can also be a single course for a light lunch. I love this recipe. Plus asparagus are a source of many healthy vitamines (B2, C, E and K), manganese, potassium, iron. So why don’t you try it?
Asparagus with eggs
Ingredients (2 servings)
500 g white or green (I used the green) asparagus
4 tbsp olive oil
a teaspoon vinegar
- Rinse the asparagus, cut off the bottom inch (it is normally hard) and then peel off the skin from the bottom part of each asparagus with a vegetable peeler .
- The you have to cook the asparagus. You can boil them (from 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the thickness) but I suggest to use a steamer. I have a convenient microwave steamer and it took only 4 minutes at 850 watts to cook them perfectly.
- Meanwhile you have to boil the eggs. Put them in a pot with cold water. When the water starts to boil, count 6 minutes and then take them out.
- Put them in cold water and then peel them.
- At this point you have to prepare the thick and tasty egg-sauce: You can crush the eggs with a fork mixing them with oil, vinegar, salt and pepper or you can use a blender like I did (I was in a hurry).
- Serve the asparagus with the sauce.
My husband is not a huge asparagus fan but he appreciated the Asparagus with Eggs recipe so I’m pretty stisfied.
Buon appetito! [bwohn ahp-peh-TEE-toh] Enjoy your Asparagus with Eggs and let me know if you liked it, mi raccomando! You can find more recipes here.