Asparagus with Eggs is very simple and fast recipe. In Veneto it is very common and appreciated during Spring (period in which asparagus grow). It can be served as a starter but it can also be a single course for a light lunch. I love this recipe. Plus asparagus are a source of many healthy vitamines (B2, C, E and K), manganese, potassium, iron. So why don’t you try it?
Asparagus with eggs
Ingredients (2 servings)
500 g white or green (I used the green) asparagus
4 tbsp olive oil
a teaspoon vinegar
- Rinse the asparagus, cut off the bottom inch (it is normally hard) and then peel off the skin from the bottom part of each asparagus with a vegetable peeler .
- The you have to cook the asparagus. You can boil them (from 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the thickness) but I suggest to use a steamer. I have a convenient microwave steamer and it took only 4 minutes at 850 watts to cook them perfectly.
- Meanwhile you have to boil the eggs. Put them in a pot with cold water. When the water starts to boil, count 6 minutes and then take them out.
- Put them in cold water and then peel them.
- At this point you have to prepare the thick and tasty egg-sauce: You can crush the eggs with a fork mixing them with oil, vinegar, salt and pepper or you can use a blender like I did (I was in a hurry).
- Serve the asparagus with the sauce.
My husband is not a huge asparagus fan but he appreciated the Asparagus with Eggs recipe so I’m pretty stisfied.
Buon appetito! [bwohn ahp-peh-TEE-toh] Enjoy your Asparagus with Eggs and let me know if you liked it, mi raccomando! You can find more recipes here.