Last Updated on November 11, 2023 by Laura Teso
The Strawberries Tiramisu is a variation of Tiramisù (yes the Italian original word for it is Tiramisù with an accent on the u) that I love very much, more than the original version. But if you are traditionalist, don’t worry: here you can read my post about the classic Italian tiramisu recipe.
I tasted this Tiramisu version about 16 years ago, at a friend’s house. I never knew that Tiramisu could be different. Since that day I only knew the traditional one with coffee and cocoa powder. I was astonished. Styrawberries Tiramisu charmed me and I often prepare it during strawberries season. Sadly it is not a long time! I find that the combination of mascarpone cheese and strawberries is a perfect match. When I’m in need of comfort food, this recipe is the perfect solution.
My Strawberries Tiramisu Recipe
Strawberries Tiramisu Ingredients (about 4 servings)
- 500 g Mascarpone cheese
- 1 kg strawberries
- 5 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 200 g sugar
- 400 g ladyfingers biscuits
- 400 ml milk
- 50 ml Marsala or other fortified wine
- Rinse and chop the strawberries.
- Whip the egg yolks with the sugar until the mixture is white and fluffy.
- With a wooden spoon, mix the mascarpone until it becomes a smooth cream without lumps.
- Unite the mascarpone to mixture of eggs and sugar, stirring well.
- Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt and gently add them to the egg-mascarpone cream.
- Unite the strawberries with the cream and stir gently.
- Mix Marsala with milk.
- Take a casserole. Dip quickly the ladyfingers in the marsala + milk liquid: the cookies must be well soaked, but not completely.
- Cover the bottom of the casserole with the soaked biscuits.
- Spread generously the strawberried mascarpone cream over the cookies.
- Form multiple layers with cookies & cream.
- Cover with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Buon appetito! [bwohn ahp-peh-TEE-toh]Enjoy!